Unnaturalists are scholars of abominations and other perversities of nature; they mimic druidic practices, treating monstrosities as regular druids treat beasts and plants. For their part, druid opinions vary from circle to circle, with some being genuinely impressed and others seeing them as distasteful at best and sacrilegious at worst. Many of these warlocks follow fey or fiends with an affinity for monstrosities, while others swear themselves to godlike horrors in an attempt to emulate their patron.
Unnaturalist Expanded Spells
At 1st level, you learn how to assume the shape of monstrosities.
You learn 1 monstrous shape of your choice for a monstrosity of CR 1/4 or less. You learn an additional shape each odd warlock level thereafter. At 3rd level, you may learn shapes with a maximum CR of 1/3 your warlock level. You may not learn the forms of Elite monsters. Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the monstrous shapes you know with a new one.
As an action, you can magically assume one of your known monstrous shapes. You may use this feature once per short rest , or by expending spell points equal to the CR of the monstrosity you wish to transform into (minimum of 1 spell point).
You may remain in monstrous shape for a number of hours up to half your warlock level. You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use of this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious , drop to 0 hit points, or die.
While you are transformed, the following rules apply:
- Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the creature, except you retain your hit points and hit dice, personality, the ability to speak and understand any languages you know, and your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has a higher bonus to a shared skill or saving throw, you may use the creature’s bonus instead. You may use your Spell Save DC in place of any Save DCs the form has.
- You gain all of the monstrous shape’s senses, movement speeds, resistances , immunities , vulnerabilities , traits, actions, and attacks. If you take a Multiattack action of a creature, you cannot make any further attacks that turn, even if another feature would normally allow you to do so.
- You may not use any Lair Actions or Legendary Actions available to your chosen form. You also do not gain a monstrous shape’s Spellcasting trait or traits that allow a creature to shapechange or plane shift. Beyond this, you may use your Spell Save DC or the form’s Save DC, whichever is higher, whenever using a spell-like ability.
- While in a monstrous shape your Armor Class equals 12 + 1/4 your warlock level, or monstrous shape’s natural AC, whichever is higher. When you have taken your third level in this class, you may also add your spellcasting ability modifier to your AC while in monstrous shape.
- While in a monstrous shape you may only cast spells with a range of Self or Touch. You can perform the verbal and seen components of such spells while in monstrous shape and your monstrous shape itself acts as your spellcasting focus. Transforming doesn’t break your concentration on a spell you’ve already cast, nor does it prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell that you’ve already cast.
- You retain the benefit of any features from your class, destiny, or culture and can use them if your monstrous shape is physically capable of doing so. However, you can’t utilize any features gained from your heritage or heritage gift while in a monstrous shape.
- Any equipment you were wearing or wielding merges into your new form. You may exempt your pact weapon if your new form is able to wield it. Merged equipment has no effect until you leave the form. You do not gain any equipment that appears in the stat block of your monstrous form (such as a minotaur’s greataxe).
Starting at 6th level, your attacks in monstrous shape count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage. In addition, if you have taken the Agonizing Blast, Eldritch Bind, Eldritch Grasp, or Repelling Blast eldritch invocations, you can apply them to your natural attacks in monstrous shape as though they were your eldritch blast.
Expanded Monstrous Shape
Starting at 10th level, choose one of the following creature types: ooze or aberration . You can now use your Monstrous Shape feature to assume the form of creatures of the chosen type and can replace one of your current forms with one of the chosen creature type.
Additionally, you can now use your Monstrous Shape feature a number of times equal to half your proficiency bonus per short rest without using spell points.
At 14th level, you learn a bonus monstrous shape with a CR no more than half your warlock level. Once per long rest you may expend a use of Monstrous Shape to transform into this creature. This transformation lasts for a number of rounds equal to half your spellcasting ability modifier (minimum 1).